How to Buy Helium Right Now
In this article, we will show you how to buy Helium easily. By the end of this article you would learn how to buy HLM with USD, BTC or ETH. Keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- What is Helium? Our review
- Current prices
- Where to buy HLM
- How to safely store HLM
- Frequently asked questions
Current Helium Price Stats
|HLM Price||$0.0143 USD|
|Price Change24h||$0.0009 USD (6.80%)|
|24h Low / 24h High||$0.0132 / $0.0147 USD|
|Trading Volume24h||$0 USD|
What is Helium? A Review
Helium is a blockchain network with master nodes and a cryptocurrency. It focuses on improving the supply chain logistics from the large-scale construction/infrastructure sector by using the blockchain technology. Helium works to automate the processes related to payments or information flow giving them a more direct approach through a P2P mechanism. The platform provides a digital wallet that supports the HLM tokens, available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.The HLM token is a PoS (Proof of Stake) cryptocurrency with a block time target of 1 minute. It is the token that powers the platform and it will be the mean through which the users can transact value between when using Helium.
Where and How to Buy Helium (HLM) Coin
There are 3 steps to purchasing Helium. They are:
- Buy Bitcoin: Buying Bitcoin in 2021 is a fairly simple matter which we don't need to go in-depth on. The best places to but Bitcoin directly today with USD or your native currency are: Coinbase, Binance and Paypal.
- Move the Bitcoin to an Exchange that supports HLM: Once you have purchased BTC, the next step is to move the BTC to an exchange that supports the HLM/BTC trading pairs.
- Buy Helium on the Exchange: Now, you can buy Helium with your Bitcoin on your preferred exchange from the options we provided. Some of these exchanges support different HLM pairs. Below is a detailed breakdown of each exchange and the trading pairs it supports.
How to Safely Store Helium Crypto
Once you buy Helium, the next question you'd have is "where do I store my Heliums?". It is quiet easy to store your Helium tokens after purchase. In fact there are two easy methods of doing so:
- Cold storage: There is a saying in crypto that the only tokens you own are those on your hard drive. This is very true as lots of things could happen to coins stored on exchanges - e.g hacks. For this reason, cold storage is usually a good option.
Hardware wallet options like - The Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X and SecuX V20 could be a good place to store Helium. If Helium is an Ethereum based ERC-20 token, you can also store it in any ERC-20 compatible wallet such as MyEtherWallet (MEW) or MyCrypto.
- Exchanges: Storing on Exchanges might be a good option if you don't plan on hodling Helium for the long-term and need to quickly trade it and make some gains. However, be careful as a downside of storing on exchanges is the susceptibility of exchanges to hacks.