How to Buy Helium Right Now
In this article, we will show you how to buy Helium easily. By the end of this article you would learn how to buy HNT with USD, BTC or ETH. Keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- What is Helium? Our review
- Current prices
- Where to buy HNT
- How to safely store HNT
- Frequently asked questions
Current Helium Price Stats
|HNT Price||$15.3200 USD|
|Price Change24h||$0.4900 USD (3.30%)|
|24h Low / 24h High||$14.6900 / $16.2500 USD|
|Trading Volume24h||$194,613 USD|
What is Helium? A Review
With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed).There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices.All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed.
Where and How to Buy Helium (HNT) Coin
There are 3 steps to purchasing Helium. They are:
- Buy Bitcoin: Buying Bitcoin in 2021 is a fairly simple matter which we don't need to go in-depth on. The best places to but Bitcoin directly today with USD or your native currency are: Coinbase, Binance and Paypal.
- Move the Bitcoin to an Exchange that supports HNT: Once you have purchased BTC, the next step is to move the BTC to an exchange that supports the HNT/BTC trading pairs.
- Buy Helium on the Exchange: Now, you can buy Helium with your Bitcoin on your preferred exchange from the options we provided. Some of these exchanges support different HNT pairs. Below is a detailed breakdown of each exchange and the trading pairs it supports.
How to Safely Store Helium Crypto
Once you buy Helium, the next question you'd have is "where do I store my Heliums?". It is quiet easy to store your Helium tokens after purchase. In fact there are two easy methods of doing so:
- Cold storage: There is a saying in crypto that the only tokens you own are those on your hard drive. This is very true as lots of things could happen to coins stored on exchanges - e.g hacks. For this reason, cold storage is usually a good option.
Hardware wallet options like - The Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X and SecuX V20 could be a good place to store Helium. If Helium is an Ethereum based ERC-20 token, you can also store it in any ERC-20 compatible wallet such as MyEtherWallet (MEW) or MyCrypto.
- Exchanges: Storing on Exchanges might be a good option if you don't plan on hodling Helium for the long-term and need to quickly trade it and make some gains. However, be careful as a downside of storing on exchanges is the susceptibility of exchanges to hacks.