How to Buy MAPS Right Now
In this article, we will show you how to buy MAPS easily. By the end of this article you would learn how to buy MAPS with USD, BTC or ETH. Keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- What is MAPS? Our review
- Current prices
- Where to buy MAPS
- How to safely store MAPS
- Frequently asked questions
Current MAPS Price Stats
|MAPS Price||$1.0354 USD|
|Price Change24h||$-0.0206 USD (-1.95%)|
|24h Low / 24h High||$1.0312 / $1.1006 USD|
|Trading Volume24h||$163,328 USD|
What is MAPS? A Review
MAPS is the backbone of the Maps.me ecosystem, driving retention and usage of the app, and benefiting from 100% of its net revenues. Each token represents one vote and the token holders will vote on binding governance initiatives related to Maps.me.Proof of History (PoH) - Proof of History creates a historical record that proves that an event has occurred at a specific moment in time. Whereas other blockchains require validators to talk to one another in order to agree that time has passed, each Solana validator maintains its own clock by encoding the passage of time in a simple SHA-256, sequential-hashing verifiable delay function (VDF). More info here.Cross-chain token - You can find the native SPL (Solana chain) MAPS token here and the ERC20 wrapper here.
Where and How to Buy MAPS (MAPS) Coin
There are 3 steps to purchasing MAPS. They are:
- Buy Bitcoin: Buying Bitcoin in 2021 is a fairly simple matter which we don't need to go in-depth on. The best places to but Bitcoin directly today with USD or your native currency are: Coinbase, Binance and Paypal.
- Move the Bitcoin to an Exchange that supports MAPS: Once you have purchased BTC, the next step is to move the BTC to an exchange that supports the MAPS/BTC trading pairs.
- Buy MAPS on the Exchange: Now, you can buy MAPS with your Bitcoin on your preferred exchange from the options we provided. Some of these exchanges support different MAPS pairs. Below is a detailed breakdown of each exchange and the trading pairs it supports.
How to Safely Store MAPS Crypto
Once you buy MAPS, the next question you'd have is "where do I store my MAPSs?". It is quiet easy to store your MAPS tokens after purchase. In fact there are two easy methods of doing so:
- Cold storage: There is a saying in crypto that the only tokens you own are those on your hard drive. This is very true as lots of things could happen to coins stored on exchanges - e.g hacks. For this reason, cold storage is usually a good option.
Hardware wallet options like - The Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X and SecuX V20 could be a good place to store MAPS. If MAPS is an Ethereum based ERC-20 token, you can also store it in any ERC-20 compatible wallet such as MyEtherWallet (MEW) or MyCrypto.
- Exchanges: Storing on Exchanges might be a good option if you don't plan on hodling MAPS for the long-term and need to quickly trade it and make some gains. However, be careful as a downside of storing on exchanges is the susceptibility of exchanges to hacks.