How to Buy MimbleWimbleCoin Right Now
In this article, we will show you how to buy MimbleWimbleCoin easily. By the end of this article you would learn how to buy MWC with USD, BTC or ETH. Keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- What is MimbleWimbleCoin? Our review
- Current prices
- Where to buy MWC
- How to safely store MWC
- Frequently asked questions
Current MimbleWimbleCoin Price Stats
|MWC Price||$9.2189 USD|
|Price Change24h||$0.4002 USD (4.54%)|
|24h Low / 24h High||$8.6164 / $10.1158 USD|
|Trading Volume24h||$3,054 USD|
What is MimbleWimbleCoin? A Review
With a provable supply cap of 20,000,000, MWC is a scarce pure proof of work Mimblewimble based coin designed to enable greater network scalability, privacy and fungibility than legacy blockchain protocols. All transactions on the base layer use Greg Maxwell's Coin Join with his Confidential Transactions and signature aggregation.Three main properties of MWC transactions increase their privacy. All transactions on the base layer are CoinJoined with Confidential Transactions and signature aggregation. Consequently, there are no addresses, transaction amounts or intermediary inputs and outputs in blocks and all transactions are indistinguishable from one another.
Where and How to Buy MimbleWimbleCoin (MWC) Coin
There are 3 steps to purchasing MimbleWimbleCoin. They are:
- Buy Bitcoin: Buying Bitcoin in 2021 is a fairly simple matter which we don't need to go in-depth on. The best places to but Bitcoin directly today with USD or your native currency are: Coinbase, Binance and Paypal.
- Move the Bitcoin to an Exchange that supports MWC: Once you have purchased BTC, the next step is to move the BTC to an exchange that supports the MWC/BTC trading pairs.
- Buy MimbleWimbleCoin on the Exchange: Now, you can buy MimbleWimbleCoin with your Bitcoin on your preferred exchange from the options we provided. Some of these exchanges support different MWC pairs. Below is a detailed breakdown of each exchange and the trading pairs it supports.
How to Safely Store MimbleWimbleCoin Crypto
Once you buy MimbleWimbleCoin, the next question you'd have is "where do I store my MimbleWimbleCoins?". It is quiet easy to store your MimbleWimbleCoin tokens after purchase. In fact there are two easy methods of doing so:
- Cold storage: There is a saying in crypto that the only tokens you own are those on your hard drive. This is very true as lots of things could happen to coins stored on exchanges - e.g hacks. For this reason, cold storage is usually a good option.
Hardware wallet options like - The Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X and SecuX V20 could be a good place to store MimbleWimbleCoin. If MimbleWimbleCoin is an Ethereum based ERC-20 token, you can also store it in any ERC-20 compatible wallet such as MyEtherWallet (MEW) or MyCrypto.
- Exchanges: Storing on Exchanges might be a good option if you don't plan on hodling MimbleWimbleCoin for the long-term and need to quickly trade it and make some gains. However, be careful as a downside of storing on exchanges is the susceptibility of exchanges to hacks.